Jan 21, 2009

I Love Namazake Very Much!

Sake that has a meaningful and slightly dry flavor and quite enjoyable to gulp down. When I drink such sake, I tremble with joy!
The sensation that it smoothly infiltrates into my body from the tongue and throat is the lures of namazake.

Delicious is the word as to muroka nama genshu! After all, winter is the season for enjoying muroka nama genshu.

So, my four Tokyo-sake drinking friends and I gathered to drink much muroka nama genshu (non-filtered non-pasteurized non-diluted sake) in Tachikawa City Monday.

I prepared all of the sake we drank. The sake included muroka nama genshu of Sawanoi, Kasen, Tamajiman, and Chiyozuru, which are all brewed in the Nishitama area (western part of Tokyo). In addition, I brought a limited namazake product of Tamura and Tokubetsujunmai Yamahai of Kasen, which is also a limited product (it is very unusual that the sake brewery of Kasen has made yamahai sake).


When I noticed, we had almost emptied six 4-go (720-ml) bottles.

All of the sakes I prepared this time were rare products, which were sold by prescription or quite limited in production amount. To obtain such types of sake, it is important that you maintain good communication with liquor shops or sake breweries in order to be provided with latest sake information.

Today's Sake
Kasen Tokubetsujunmai Yamahai (Tamura Shuzoujou)
Two-year aged amber-colored sake. The strong acidity of this sake is typical of the yamahai sake. In spite of the sake meter value of -1, this sake tastes rather dry. Warming this sake before drinking increases mildness of the flavor.
Rice used: Ginginga
Seimaibuai: 60%
Alcohol: 16 - 17%
Sake meter value: -1
Acidity: 2.3
Amino acid: 1.7
Yeast: Kyokai No. 7

No comments: