Mar 10, 2012

Drinking sake cool, diluted, and then warmed


Umenoyado Tokubetsu Junmai Muroka Nama Genshu Kimoto (梅乃宿 特別純米無濾過生原酒 生酛) is non-pasteurized sake, which gives a strong impression. It may have too bold but is certainly my favorite sake.

Nonetheless, I tried to moderate its boldness somewhat by adding some water to it. The sake, after water being added, became quite acid and crisp. This was for me very interesting change in taste.

And then, I warmed this sake. First, it tasted sweetish and it seemed that the originally well-balanced sweetness and acidity became more separate from each other and more discernible. However, it turned, when I drank the warmed sake with supper, that this warmed sake could be paired well with various foods.

The taste of one sake varies depending on how you like it. This is interesting.



No comments: