Jul 28, 2010

Barely surviving a scorching summer

Last week, we had torturous intense heat here in Japan, and it was very hard to survive the week.

In order to cool off myself, I ate watermelon ...,




Went to a river for a cool evening breeze and had some beer ...,




Took a cold water bath ...,




But, I couldn't find definitively effective measures to cool myself. Anyway, at last, I drank chilled namazake.




Muroka Nama Genshu Tokubetsu Junmai Yamahai "Kaze no Mama"



This sake has fresh bouquet and savor distinctive of namazake, substantial acidity, and slight astringent taste of fruit.

In the movie above, I am gnawing fresh ginger sticks simply because I like them with sake. I don't mean to convey any special suggestion such as this sake is well paired with ginger. I often eat fresh ginger when drinking sake.

No comments: