Apr 9, 2009

Enjoying Cloudy Sake While Eating Indian Food

I wrote about the Indian restaurant that recently opened in my vicinity in a past article.
As it was used as an izakaya restaurant before, the restaurant has a few tatami-mat rooms, in which low dining tables are placed.

Tatami-rooms and low dining tables make a good setting for a Japanese style drinking party, and sake is, I think, a must for such a party! So, I began wondering what kind of sake is good to enjoy with Indian food, and I wrote an article titled "Sake and Indian Food?"


Today, when I passed by in front of the restaurant, I noticed the announcement telling that bringing in food and drink was allowed. So, I bought two bottles of nigorizake (cloudy sake) and brought them in the restaurant. I ordered a curry lunch and enjoyed it with my sake.

Dearie me! The sake tasted like Lassi Indian lactic acid beverage with alcohol. It was quite nice with the curry.

A bit eccentric Indian, Nepalese restaurant with tatami-mat rooms located in a one-minute walk from the West exit of the JR Hamura Station (Phone: 042-554-6108)

Map

Today's Sake
Gekkeikan Nigorizake (Gekkeikan Co., Ltd.)
One of the two Nigorizakes I mentioned in the article above. Its alcohol content is lower than usual sake, and it is easy to drink. I think it goes well with curry food.
Alcohol: 10 - 11%


Junmai Shirakawago Nigorizake (MiwaShuzo Co., Ltd.)
One of the two Nigorizakes I mentioned in the article above. This one also tastes good, but it contains much residue (sake lees), and feels a bit sticky on the tongue. So, it may be too thick to enjoy with curry.
Seimaibuai: 70%
Alcohol: 14 - 15%
Sake meter value: -25
Acidity: 2.0

No comments: